Center for Workplace Happiness

About Wagalicious Blog Tiny Bites Podcast Creating a Wagalicious Life Success Tools Store Contact Us Call Sandy Now Login

Wellbeing Wisdom Tiny Bites - Do You Know a Complaint Addict?

Do you know someone who loves to tell you all their troubles and woes?

Tommy Lasorda said “80 percent of the people who hear your troubles don’t care and the other 20 percent are glad you’re having them.” While his numbers aren’t scientifically proven, it’s easy to grasp the sentiment, and it’s also alarming to grasp the sentiment.

Most people who talk about their troubles all the time are venting, and that’s a way for them to feel like they’re doing something about the problem. Constant complaining is also a form of addictive behavior supported by the brain’s negativity bias.

What the complainers are doing is alienating most of the people who are listening, which wreaks havoc with personal and work relationships.

If you manage a person who complains all the time, share Tommy Lasorda’s wisdom and ask them to think about it before they open their mouth to complain again. Understand that it will take time and commitment for them to break that habit – support them and celebrate them when they are showing signs of success.

Want more? Click here for a free audio course, "Happiness is an Inside Job" #veterinarian #petindustry #wellbeing #leader #lawofattraction


50% Complete

Two Step

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.